Making time for good skin maintenance is challenging. Your day is so busy that you just want to fall into bed at the end of the day. You can?t even begin to worry about an elaborate skincare routine filled with over-priced, trendy products that, honestly, you?re not even sure are working! You may find that even when you feel confident, it?s hard to look as good as you feel.
We have recognized this problem in ourselves and our patients, and have come together to help make your skincare as simple and effective as possible. We have narrowed down fundamental skincare to six easy steps. You can forget about the millions of little product bottles cluttering your bathroom counter. For basic, powerful skin care, you really only need six kinds of products:?
- Cleanser. A good gentle cleanser will lift dirt, makeup and pore-clogging oils without stripping the skin of its natural moisture barrier.
- Antioxidants. You have probably already heard of antioxidants–you can find them in healthy fruits and vegetables or a glass of red wine. Using an antioxidant serum with Vitamins C and E dramatically reduces the effects of aging, resulting in firmer skin and a healthy, bright, overall glow.?
- Peptides. A peptide serum packs a punch against tell-tale signs of aging. Peptides increase your skin?s natural collagen production, which means diminished volume loss and softened lines.?
- Sunscreen. SPF is essential to healthy, youthful skin. 90% of skin aging is caused by sun damage. Protecting your skin with a daily SPF of 30+ can prevent fine lines, wrinkles, and sunspots. UV rays can also cause harmful skin cancers like melanoma, so adding a sunscreen into your morning routine is a simple step that can also save your life.?
- Retinol. Retinol has been proven time and time again to be the most effective product when it comes to transforming your skin. Retinol, a kind of Vitamin A, exfoliates the skin to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Using a high-quality retinol serum just a few nights a week can strengthen your skin and keep it looking healthy and youthful.?
- Moisturizer. We love moisturizers with hyaluronic acids and ceramides that add moisture back to the skin while preventing further moisture loss. Every skin type, whether oily or dry, can benefit from using a moisturizer.??
At Georgia Skin Cancer & Aesthetic Dermatology, our Curated by GSC line of products includes these six fundamental products that make skincare simple. We chose high-quality ingredients that are scientifically proven to be gentle yet powerful to create a product line just for you. For any of your products, in-office cosmetic treatments or dermatology skin exams, come see us at Georgia Skin Cancer! You deserve to look as good as you feel.?