Skin Cancer & Mohs Surgery
Checklist for Consultation
- Bring a list of all of your present medications.
- Bring any photographs or drawings that you have or may have been given to you by your referring physician. These will assist us in locating the tumor site. Be sure you know where the biopsy was taken.
- We recommend having a friend accompany you to the consultation to help with answering questions, remembering instructions, and locating the tumor site.
Preoperative Instructions & Checklist
- No alcohol five days prior to surgery
- Eat a light breakfast before surgery
- Eat a light lunch before surgery
- Please limit your party to two friends or family members. Our waiting room cannot accommodate excess visitors. Family members will wait for you during the surgery in our waiting room.
- Plan to be at our office for 3-4 hours. You will not be in surgery for this entire duration, but consultation and analysis times may vary.
- Cancel all activities for the day of surgery and possibly longer. You will receive postoperative instructions before you leave our office.
- Prepare to spend the night before your surgery if you are coming from out of town as well as the night of surgery in case the surgery becomes more extensive.
- You may bring a sweater to be worn in the waiting rooms because the temperature in our office is very cool, although it will not be allowed in the operating room.
- Do not apply makeup on the day of your surgery.
- You will be required to remove your shirt, so you may prefer not to wear one-piece garments (e.g. jumpsuit). A gown furnished by the office will be worn to surgery.
- Report any changes in your health including fever to your doctor's office.
- Check your medications and bring a list of all medications you are taking. If you are unsure of your medication, please call our nursing staff at 706-543-5858.
Download this preoperative checklist